Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, creamy casserole made in one pot! I made it up as I went the first time - it came out so good my husband who only eats a small dinner went back for seconds. I don't even serve it with anything - it's all in the pot! Times are a guess -will try and time it next time. You can add different veges if you like - just keep the potato as it makes it thicker as it breaks down.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large potato, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch paprika (gives a kick) (optional)
- Saute leek, onion and garlic in melted butter and olive oil until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until sealed.
- Add potato, sweet potato and carrot, fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in white wine and chicken stock, add mustard and cumin - also paprika if wanted. Liquid should nearly cover the chicken and veges. Simmer for approx 10 minutes,until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peas and corn and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Add cream and stir through. Add salt and pepper to taste - depending on your stock you may not need salt.
- Serve in a bowl.
This was good, quick/easy and healthy, and a good way to get veggies. I will probably make it again with a few changes. I think the cumin overpowers the great flavor added by the onions and garlic. Next time, I will omit the cumin and cream - the cream is unnecessary, I think. I also used a med/lg shallot instead of an onion and would do it again. Thanks for the recipe, Ness73.