Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
True Southern chicken and dressing recipe. Easy and delicious
- 1360.77 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of celery soup
- 304.75 g can 2% low-fat milk
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 170.09 g package cornbread stuffing mix, seasoned
- Place chicken in a large saucepan full of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil; boil for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear). Remove chicken from pan, reserving broth. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place in bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl mix together cream of chicken soup and cream of celery soup. Fill one empty soup can with milk, and mix milk with soups. Pour mixture over chicken. In a small bowl combine stuffing and broth; mix together and spoon mixture over casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Great Recipe! I did make some changes though. I added corn and broccoli and I also added Cajun seasoning salt and pepper and parmesan cheese to the chicken.
This was very good. I does need seasoning, and since it calls for none, I would actually rate it as written as 3*. If you add salt, pepper or at least some seasoning, it would become a 4*. I added salt and pepper, and will probably add some onion salt next time.
I made this recipe tonight and it came out fabulous but I must admit I made some changes. I already had cooked chicken meat from a left over bird so I cubed and used that. I mixed the soups and added onion powder, black pepper and parsley to it along with a cup or so of frozen mixed veggies. I'm trying to get more veggies into my 8 yr old. I continued with the recipe as printed except I used regular chicken flavored stuffing since I'm not a big fan of cornbread stuffing. This recipe is quick, easy and very tasty. Thanks for sharing.