Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This is delicious. An elderly lady friend of mine gave it to me and i thought it would be a nice one to share.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 2 cups reserved chicken broth
- Boil chicken until it's tender and remove meat from bones. (i use boneless chicken breasts).
- Reserve broth.
- Cut chicken into small pieces and place in a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- In a saucepan, mix and bring to boil the reserved chicken broth and soup.
- Combine these ingredients in a mixing bowl margarine, pepper & salt, flour, and buttermilk.
- Mix thoroughly to form batter.
- Pour broth over mixture over chicken.
- Spoon batter over top.
- Bake at 425 for 30 to 45 minutes.
This was really good as written. We mixed noodles and peas in with it, which made it even better in my opinion.
This was great! My family loved it. Very filling, also. I've made this several times and I think I like it more each time! Thank you for the simple but delicious recipe!