- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 2 cups reserved chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken until it's tender and remove meat from bones. (i use boneless chicken breasts).
- Reserve broth.
- Cut chicken into small pieces and place in a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- In a saucepan, mix and bring to boil the reserved chicken broth and soup.
- Combine these ingredients in a mixing bowl margarine, pepper & salt, flour, and buttermilk.
- Mix thoroughly to form batter.
- Pour broth over mixture over chicken.
- Spoon batter over top.
- Bake at 425 for 30 to 45 minutes.