Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a delicious casserole and makes good use of leftovers.
- 1 (12 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 leftover baked potatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (both green and white parts)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (a mixture of medium and sharp)
- Mix together stuffing mix, melted butter and 1 1/4 cups broth.
- Pat into a lightly greased flan dish.
- Mix together chicken, potatoes, remaining broth, onions, soup, mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the stuffing base, then sprinkle the cheese over all.
- Bake uncovered at 200*C for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.
- You can dice any cooked vegetables and add into this as well.
- I have used carrot, turnip, broccoli and peas, very successfully.
I'm sorry, this just didn't work out right--too dry at the bottom and too thickly moist on top. I might try again and add or subtract a few things. Thanks you. Rhonda