Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Cooking Light version of this Asian classic.
Make and share this Chicken-Cashew Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce (such as Kame)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 cup green onion, chopped and divided
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienne-cut into 3 x 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 lb chicken thigh, boned and skinned, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup canned pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1⁄3 cup cashews
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Combine first 7 ingredients (through salt) in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a stir-fry pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 cup green onions and onion wedges; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and peas; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetable mixture from pan. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add broth mixture, vegetable mixture, pineapple, cashews, and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute or until thick.
- Stir in 1/2 cup green onions.
- Serve with rice.
This was very good. We especially enjoyed the bit of kick from the red pepper. I used boneless chicken breasts and celery. Did not use mushrooms or pineapple just due to personal preference. I used sugar snap peas instead of snow peas. I did not have oyster sauce, so just used hoisin sauce. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! This stir-fry is truly restaurant quality. I made this as written except that I was very generous with my vegetable measurements, using more than called for in the recipe. I used a mix of white, shiitake, and cremini mushrooms and omitted the salt in the broth mixture. I had everything cut up and ready to go before starting to cook, so this dish went together in a hurry. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this fantastic recipe...it is a keeper!! *Made for ZWT6 Xtra Hot Dishes*
* Reviewed for ZWT6 WHine and Cheese Gang* Delicious! My family voted and gave you ten stars out of 5! Very, very good stir-fry. A lovely mild sauce with loads of veges....just the way I like it. I didn't add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and didn't miss the salt at all. Perfect recipe with clear instructions. I used gluten-free Stock and sauces to make this meal gluten-free suitable. Thanks for a great dinner Jan :) Photo also to be posted.