Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is adapted from a Masterfoods recipe, a bit different from your Asian style stir-frys but really tasty. I use my Tomato Chutney in this.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup stir fry vegetables
- 2 tablespoons tomato relish or 2 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup toasted cashew nuts
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok or large frying pan.
- Add onion and chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook a further minute.
- Add relish, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and mix well.
- Add cashews and stir through. Serve with rice or noodles.
Wonderful recipe! This was quick easy and very versatile to our families taste. I used pre-diced chicken I buy from my butcher, which is mainly made up with chicken thighs. So the chicken was very tender. I used what I had at home for the vegetables (Carrot, Beans, Corn, Mushrooms and Asparagus). I also used your Tomato Chutney for the sauce. I roasted the cashews in the wok before I started the Stir-fry, so it was a great one pot dish. The Stir-Fry made a perfect meal on its own. Thanks **Mandy**
I doubled this recipe & used your Tomato Chutney for this stir-fry & had a GREAT CHICKEN DISH! So easy to prepare, & as nice tasting as any restaurant entree! Thanks for sharing a KEEPER! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]
Made for ZWT4 Asian Challenge â€“ Add more veggies. Loved the chili and tomato taste, even though I only put about Â½ the amount in the, didnâ€™t want to overpower the dish. Added, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, carrots, light red pepper, snap peas, green peas, Napa cabbage, shiitake mushrooms and yellow onions. Wonderful dish.