Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfectly easy, absolutely delicious, one-dish meal!
- 2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup pea pods, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashews, roasted
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions, adding the pea pods during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and cool pasta and pea pods.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta and pea pods with chicken, water chestnuts, bell pepper, red onion and carrots in a large bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar and salt, and toss with the salad. Refrigerate for several hours to overnight. Just before serving fold in the cashews.
This was just not very good at all. We did not like the flavors or the weird texture of the cashews in there.