- 2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup pea pods, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashews, roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions, adding the pea pods during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and cool pasta and pea pods.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta and pea pods with chicken, water chestnuts, bell pepper, red onion and carrots in a large bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar and salt, and toss with the salad. Refrigerate for several hours to overnight. Just before serving fold in the cashews.