Once the chopping/slicing is done a dish that you can throw together in about ten minutes. Tastes every bit as good as the one you will find at your local Chinese Restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 450 g skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large carrot, quartered and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red fresh chili pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 pak choi, stems sliced and leaves torn
- 1 bunch spring onion, trimmed and sliced
- 300 g bean sprouts
- 100 g cashew nuts, toasted
- 200 g dried egg noodles, cooked according to packet instructions, to serve
For the sauce
- 1Mix the marinade and add to the diced pieces of bite-size chicken. Aim to get all the pieces of a uniform size to ensure even cooking. Leave from 10 minutes to an hour.
- 2Mix all the ingredients for the sauce, season with black pepper and set aside. Do not add the water at this point.
- 3Put the wok over a high heat for 1 minute. Add the groundnut oil and chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until nearly cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 4Add the carrot, pepper and chilli to the wok and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic and pak choi stems and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the onions and beansprouts and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 5Return the chicken to the pan, along with the pak choi leaves. Stir-fry for 1 minute, add the sauce and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. At this point you will probably need to add a small amount of water to get the right consistency. Stir in the cashews and serve with cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Cashew Nut Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.1
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Sodium 849.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar