Once the chopping/slicing is done a dish that you can throw together in about ten minutes. Tastes every bit as good as the one you will find at your local Chinese Restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 450 g skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large carrot, quartered and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red fresh chili pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 pak choi, stems sliced and leaves torn
- 1 bunch spring onion, trimmed and sliced
- 300 g bean sprouts
- 100 g cashew nuts, toasted
- 200 g dried egg noodles, cooked according to packet instructions, to serve
For the sauce
- 1Mix the marinade and add to the diced pieces of bite-size chicken. Aim to get all the pieces of a uniform size to ensure even cooking. Leave from 10 minutes to an hour.
- 2Mix all the ingredients for the sauce, season with black pepper and set aside. Do not add the water at this point.
- 3Put the wok over a high heat for 1 minute. Add the groundnut oil and chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until nearly cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 4Add the carrot, pepper and chilli to the wok and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic and pak choi stems and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the onions and beansprouts and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 5Return the chicken to the pan, along with the pak choi leaves. Stir-fry for 1 minute, add the sauce and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. At this point you will probably need to add a small amount of water to get the right consistency. Stir in the cashews and serve with cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Cashew Nut Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.1
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Sodium 849.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar