Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is really delicious, found in a magazine.
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g white button mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, well washed with coarse stalks removed
- 1 -2 teaspoon store bought basil pesto
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 70 g cashew nuts, lightly roasted
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- Cook fettuccini in boiling salted water.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Preheat a large skillet, add oil, and when hot add onion and garlic.
- Gently saute about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add mushrooms and saute 4 minutes.
- Remove onion, garlic and mushrooms from pan.
- Add chicken and toss to seal.
- Add the stock: replace onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook over a gentle heat 5 minutes until chicken strips are cooked through.
- Add spinach, cover and let spinach wilt for about a minute. Swirl in the pesto and lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Meanwhile, drain fettuccini and place into individual bowls.
- Spoon the chicken and sauce over.
- Sprinkle with cashew nuts parmesan and serve.
Really good blend of flavours and easy to make. DH thinks it is better to eat at home than go out so that has to be 5* Thanks for another 'Keeper' Evie :)