Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good healthy recipe
- 3 ancho chilies, dried
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup kidney bean, drained
- Chile Puree:.
- Heat a small skillet over high heat until very hot. Place chiles in pan, one at a time and press down with tongs for about 1 minute on each side. Next, seed and devein the chiles.
- Place chiles in a blender with cashews and chicken stock.
- Puree until smooth.
- Chili: In a stock pot, briefly saute onion, garlic, cumin, chile powder, and salt in the olive oil.
- Add chicken and stir to coat. Stir in chile puree, cilantro, and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add cashews, chocolate and beans.
- Stir until chocolate melts.
- Serve NOTES : F or spicy chili, add 2 or 3 chipotles to the puree and double the chile powder.
This was really good, but next time I'll add some jalapenos or something to give it a little bit more kick, (the way i like my chili). I made this for our church chili cook-off and won most original.
dont forget the beans (1 cup) this is a great recipe. I use chicken thighs, cook them in the stock, shred and return.