1/4 Photos of Chicken Cashew and Noodle Stir-Fry
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. As the DH cooks most of the stir-frys in this household (I do all the prep) I'm hoping to get him to give this one a try so saving here (easier to print out the recipe than using the magazine), though would make some minor changes for allergy reasons. Please note that they usually do not specify brands in their recipes unless they feel they are integrate to the nutritional count.
My Private Note
main me ...
Units: US | Metric
- 440 g egg noodles (packet Wokka thin egg style shelf fresh noodles specified)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 500 g chicken breast fillets (lean trimmed of fat ad cut into thin strips)
- 1 red onion (cut into thin slivers)
- 250 g snow peas (halved diagonally)
- 1 red capsicum (large cut into strips, bell pepper)
- 1 green capsicum (large cut into strips, bell pepper)
- 2 carrots (large cut into short thin sticks, julienned)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews (unsalted to serve, personally I'd use more)
- 1Put the noodles in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water and set aside for 2 minutes and the drain and separate the noodles and set aside.
- 2Put the honey, soy sauce and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine and set aside.
- 3Brush a little oil over a large wok and heat on high until the wok is hot and then add half the chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked and transfer to a plate.
- 4Brush the wok with a little more boil and reheat the work on high and repeat with remaining chicken and then remove chicken from the wok.
- 5Brush the wok with the remaining oil and heat on medium high and add the vegetables and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes and then add the water and cook covered tossing twice for 2 minutes until the vegetable are just tender.
- 6Add the noodles and chicken to the wok and toss well to combine and the sauce mixture and toss to combine and heat through and then top with the cashews to serve (personally in this case I would just add the cashews once plated up).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cashew and Noodle Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.4 mg
- Sodium 402.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 47.0 g