Another quick, easy dinner recipe that my kids like. Adapted from a Southern Living recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not minute rice)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- garlic salt
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
- 2Cut chicken breasts into 1/4 inch strips.
- 3Sprinkle chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- 4In a large non-stick skillet, saute the chicken strips and celery in the melted butter for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is not pink.
- 5Add in the spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, and basil; stir to combine.
- 6Bring mixture to a boil; cover, lower heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 7Serve over rice.
- 8Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Caruso and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.8
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 719.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 33.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning