Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another quick, easy dinner recipe that my kids like. Adapted from a Southern Living recipe.
Make and share this Chicken Caruso and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not minute rice)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- garlic salt
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1/4 inch strips.
- Sprinkle chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute the chicken strips and celery in the melted butter for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is not pink.
- Add in the spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, and basil; stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cover, lower heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I've been making this recipe for nearly 20 years. We like rice, so I double or triple the amount of rice and use 2 jars or cans of Spaghetti sauce. Always a hit!
I made this for dinner last night with one switch - instead of celery, I added a green pepper I needed to use up and some sliced fresh mushrooms. Turned out very tasty, and it was a nice switch from pasta. Thanks!