Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Another quick, easy dinner recipe that my kids like. Adapted from a Southern Living recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not minute rice)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- garlic salt
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1/4 inch strips.
- Sprinkle chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute the chicken strips and celery in the melted butter for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is not pink.
- Add in the spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, and basil; stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cover, lower heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.