So we have a favorite mexican restaurant we love to go to and we decided to try to make our favorite dish from there at home...with 4 kiddos at home cooking in is often easier (OK...it's ALWAYS easier) and definitely more cost effective. This is a little like fajitas but isn't grilled and has a more delicate flavor. If doubling the recipe I would recomend cooking 1 batch and then another-that way the skillet can stay hot enough and the chicken and vegetables don't just steam in the pan-you want them to carmelize a bit. Serve with lime, shredded lettuce, chopped cilantro and guacamole.
My Private Note
soft ta ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut in half lengthwise and crosswise
- 1/2 white onion, sliced thin and then cit in half
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thin and then cut in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- 1After prepping the food heat a large heavy skillet over med-hi to high heat and add the butter and olive oil and allow them to bubble and get sizzling. Add the chicken and spread evenly into pan. Watch the heat and adjust the temp as needed! You need the skillet to be hot yet you dont want to scorch the chicken or oil.
- 2Stir fry chicken for about 4 mins and then add the onion and peppers. You may need to increase the heat for a bit if the skillet cools down too much-remember we want the chicken and veggies to carmelize a bit. If needed add a bit more butter or olive oil.
- 3Let veggies and chicken cook at least 4 more minutes and then sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. 1/2 tsp is about what I use but it's just an estimate-please go heavy or light depending on your preference.
- 4At this point if you can tell the chicken is done(test a piece if needed) then stir in the A-1 sauce and let the chicken and veggies cook about 1 minute or so.
- 5Serve with the flour tortillas and top with shredded lettuce, chopped cilantro, and guacamole. A squeeze of lime is also good. I love to serve with pot scrubbers mexican rice and mashed pinto beans.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Carnitas-Restaurant Style-Easy!
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 552.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce