Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a good cooking for two recipe. Found it on the web. Easily tweakable by playing around with the spices just a bit. Time does not include marinating time.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup pineapple, chunked
- Combine lime juice and black pepper in glass or ceramic dish, add chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Discard the marinade.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to the skillet and brown until lightly golden. Stir in onions, tomatoes, raisins, pepper and garlic.
- Combine the pineapple juice and chicken broth. Pour into skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes, turning chicken several times.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add pineapple to skillet. Raise heat and boil to reduce the sauce. When the sauce has thickened slightly and pineapple is heated, spoon over chicken and serve.
- Serving Suggestion -- Serve with or over rice.
I found it easier to cook the ingredients in the skillet and then add them all and put them in the oven for 45 minutes, than to stand over them for 45 minutes turning the chicken several times. It also came out juicier. I added the pineapple topping after i cooked it in the oven and it was wonderful