Recipe by Brenda.
Fast and easy, this recipe can easily be doubled.
Top Review by lazyme
Yummylicious! This is so simple and yet so good. My DGS was over for a few days and picked an excellent menu - this, orzo, and broccoli. The only thing that I changed was to use shredded mozzrella rather than sliced. I made enough for my grandson to take home and he was so grateful that he signed up for lots of chores next time he comes over. Yeah - we'll see! lol. Thanks Bren for a great keeper. Made for ZWT7 by an Emerald City Shaker.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 pinch oregano
- 2 slices prosciutto, chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saute pan until melted.
- Saute chicken breasts and mushrooms until the chicken is lightly brown and juices run clear.
- Add the proscuitto, oregano, salt & pepper.
- Add marsala wine and cook rapidly to reduce it by half.
- Remove chicken to a broiling pan, top with cheese and broil only until the cheese has melted.
- Pour remaining sauce from pan over chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.