Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A zesty cream sauce highlighted with sundried tomatoes and sauteed chicken over shrimp and pasta.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml Chardonnay wine
- 28.39 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml fresh rosemary, finely diced
- 709.77 ml heavy whipping cream
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 59.14 ml shredded pancetta
- 85.04 g romano cheese, fresh grated
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato
- 236.59 ml Chardonnay wine
- 118.29 ml green onion, sliced
- 907.18 g jumbo shrimp, peeled
- 29.58 ml butter
- 6-8 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4.92 ml lemon pepper
- In a large bowl combine chicken olive oil, Chardonnay, balsamic vinegar and rosemary (rosemary must be fresh, dried cannot be substituted). Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 1hr.
- Cook cream over low heat in a large sauce pan stirring constantly. Add butter, red pepper flakes, black pepper & pancetta.
- Reduce cream by 1 third. Slowly stir in romano and mozerella cheeses and sundried tomatoes, adding chardonay as needed to maintain desired consistancy.
- Heat skillet and add chicken with all ingredients from marinade. Cook over medium-high heat till thorouly cooked and browned on both sides. Slice into bite size pieces and add to cream sauce.
- In a separate pot bring water to boil for the pasta and add pasta.
- Heat butter in skillet add shrimp garlic and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Do not overcook shrimp.
- Serve shrimp over sauce and pasta.
This dish is absolutely fantastic! We don't eat shrimp, so I skipped that and added garlic to the cream sauce instead (about 1 tsp chopped garlic). I couldn't find pancetta at the grocery store, so I used diced prosciutto. I also subbed Riesling for Chardonnay since that's what I had on hand. The recipe didn't specify what to do with the green onions, so I used them as a garnish. My husband said it was the best carbonara he has ever had! Made for PAC Fall 2011.