Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A zesty cream sauce highlighted with sundried tomatoes and sauteed chicken over shrimp and pasta.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely diced
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded pancetta
- 3 ounces romano cheese, fresh grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a large bowl combine chicken olive oil, Chardonnay, balsamic vinegar and rosemary (rosemary must be fresh, dried cannot be substituted). Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 1hr.
- Cook cream over low heat in a large sauce pan stirring constantly. Add butter, red pepper flakes, black pepper & pancetta.
- Reduce cream by 1 third. Slowly stir in romano and mozerella cheeses and sundried tomatoes, adding chardonay as needed to maintain desired consistancy.
- Heat skillet and add chicken with all ingredients from marinade. Cook over medium-high heat till thorouly cooked and browned on both sides. Slice into bite size pieces and add to cream sauce.
- In a separate pot bring water to boil for the pasta and add pasta.
- Heat butter in skillet add shrimp garlic and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Do not overcook shrimp.
- Serve shrimp over sauce and pasta.
This dish is absolutely fantastic! We don't eat shrimp, so I skipped that and added garlic to the cream sauce instead (about 1 tsp chopped garlic). I couldn't find pancetta at the grocery store, so I used diced prosciutto. I also subbed Riesling for Chardonnay since that's what I had on hand. The recipe didn't specify what to do with the green onions, so I used them as a garnish. My husband said it was the best carbonara he has ever had! Made for PAC Fall 2011.