Recipe by Samantha in Ut
This recipe is from the South Beach Diet Cookbook by Dr. Arthur Agatston. This is for phase 1.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
I've made this before (there is similar chicken capri on this website!), but I wanted to give props to Samantha in Ut because I ended up making it just like you do! I used fat free cottage cheese (I kind of mashed it up till it wasn't so chunky; I only made 1 chicken breast so my blender wouldn't process such a small amount!), my own marinara sauce & shredded reduced fat cheese as well. It comes out perfect & tastes wonderful, too. Cottage cheese is a staple in my house; not ricotta so I was happy to make the change! It comes out very creamy, too. Hope others enjoy it as well!
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese (I used low-fat cottage cheese)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (I used marinara sauce)
- 4 slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine ricotta with oregano, salt, and.
- pepper. Process to blend.
- Rub the chicken with the garlic powder. Heat oil in a large skillet over.
- medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 12 minutes per side. Place.
- the chicken breasts, side by side, in a large baking dish and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture and 1/4 cup tomatoes onto each chicken.
- breast. Top each chicken breast with 1 slice of mozzarella. Bake for 20.
- minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of a breast.
- registers 170 degrees and juices run clear.