Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the South Beach Diet Cookbook by Dr. Arthur Agatston. This is for phase 1.
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese (I used low-fat cottage cheese)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (I used marinara sauce)
- 4 slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- In a blender or food processor, combine ricotta with oregano, salt, and.
- pepper. Process to blend.
- Rub the chicken with the garlic powder. Heat oil in a large skillet over.
- medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 12 minutes per side. Place.
- the chicken breasts, side by side, in a large baking dish and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture and 1/4 cup tomatoes onto each chicken.
- breast. Top each chicken breast with 1 slice of mozzarella. Bake for 20.
- minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of a breast.
- registers 170 degrees and juices run clear.
I've made this before (there is similar chicken capri on this website!), but I wanted to give props to Samantha in Ut because I ended up making it just like you do! I used fat free cottage cheese (I kind of mashed it up till it wasn't so chunky; I only made 1 chicken breast so my blender wouldn't process such a small amount!), my own marinara sauce & shredded reduced fat cheese as well. It comes out perfect & tastes wonderful, too. Cottage cheese is a staple in my house; not ricotta so I was happy to make the change! It comes out very creamy, too. Hope others enjoy it as well!