A great recipe that I adapted from the SB Diet cookbook. Great for Phase 1 or beyond. This is pretty close to the original, with a few changes.
- 4 tablespoons low-fat ricotta cheese (Part Skim)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
- 4 slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl mash Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Salt, Pepper, Oregano& Parsley together until well blended.
- Toss the chicken with the garlic powder and brown in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes per side.
- When done remove to a shallow casserole dish to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon 1 Heaping serving spoon of Ricotta mixture onto each chicken breast and top with 1 tablespoons of Crushed Tomatoes.
- Place one slice of mozzarella cheese on each one and place in the top rack of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a meat thermometer registers 170 deg. farenheit