1/1 Photo of Chicken Caprese
5 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 55 mins
Thyme Savours's Note:
Whenever possible, I go to the market and based upon what is seasonal and reasonably priced, I then conceptualize what I will be making for dinner. Chicken Caprese was done in such a manner. First, I spotted the beautiful ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella and then noticed the chicken was on sale. Fresh, seasonal...bel piatto, I know what is for dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set aside 1 teaspoon of fresh basil and keep separate from other ingredients for later use. Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Remove 2 teaspoons of marinate for future use in separate bowl.
- 2Place chicken in vinegar marinade, cover and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 4Turn cook top to medium heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil to bottom of saute pan and brown chicken on each side (approximately 4 minutes)
- 5While chicken is browning, cover an oven proof pan with aluminum foil and lightly cover in cooking spray.
- 6Once chicken is browned on both sides, remove from saute pan and place on oven proof pan.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes
- 8Approximately 5 minutes before chicken is done, slice the tomatoes and mozzarella thinly.
- 9Once chicken has cooked for 30 minutes, remove from oven and first place slices of mozzarella, then place tomato slices on top of the cheese and sprinkle withe fresh basil that was previously set aside.
- 10Return chicken to oven, set to broil and cook for 3 minutes.
- 11Remove chicken from oven, and with reserved marinate that was set aside earlier, drizzle lightly over each chicken breast and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Caprese
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.3
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 313.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: