Recipe by vs.mail
I found this in Woman's Day magazine and it looks really good. I have not tried it yet.
Top Review by Texas Poofy
My family loved this. I combined it with the raosted chicken caprese recipe.....instead of using the canned tomatoes, I used roasted fresh ones. I also skipped the flour to make it low-carb. I also added mozzerella cheese on top of each breast and popped it into the oven to melt it.
- 1814.36 g quartered chicken
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml oil
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml garlic
- 793.78 g canfire-roasted crushed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Grasp chicken skin with paper towel and pull off.
- Remove visible fat.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a gallon-size plastic food bag.
- Add chicken, a few pecies at a time; close bag and shake to coat chicken evenly.
- Heat oil in a deep 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook turning once, 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove chicken.
- Add 1 cup chopped onion; saute 3 minutes until golden.
- Add 1 Tablespoon garlic; saute until fragrant.
- Add fire roasted crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken; bring to a simmer; cover and, turning chicken occasionally, cook 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil and diced fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with pasta.