Chef #195265's Note:
I found this in Woman's Day magazine and it looks really good. I have not tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grasp chicken skin with paper towel and pull off.
- 2Remove visible fat.
- 3Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a gallon-size plastic food bag.
- 4Add chicken, a few pecies at a time; close bag and shake to coat chicken evenly.
- 5Heat oil in a deep 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add chicken and cook turning once, 10 minutes or until golden.
- 7Remove chicken.
- 8Add 1 cup chopped onion; saute 3 minutes until golden.
- 9Add 1 Tablespoon garlic; saute until fragrant.
- 10Add fire roasted crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- 11Add chicken; bring to a simmer; cover and, turning chicken occasionally, cook 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 12Garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil and diced fresh mozzarella cheese.
- 13Serve with pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Caprese
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.2
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 607.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 36.1 g