Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in Woman's Day magazine and it looks really good. I have not tried it yet.
- 1 (4 lb) quartered chicken
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) canfire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- Grasp chicken skin with paper towel and pull off.
- Remove visible fat.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a gallon-size plastic food bag.
- Add chicken, a few pecies at a time; close bag and shake to coat chicken evenly.
- Heat oil in a deep 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook turning once, 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove chicken.
- Add 1 cup chopped onion; saute 3 minutes until golden.
- Add 1 Tablespoon garlic; saute until fragrant.
- Add fire roasted crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken; bring to a simmer; cover and, turning chicken occasionally, cook 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil and diced fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with pasta.
My family loved this. I combined it with the raosted chicken caprese recipe.....instead of using the canned tomatoes, I used roasted fresh ones. I also skipped the flour to make it low-carb. I also added mozzerella cheese on top of each breast and popped it into the oven to melt it.