Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the great chicken caper, so named because of the inclusion of capers, which, along with the red pepper and Kalamata olives give a little bit of zip.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces shell macaroni, cooked al dente
- red pepper
- cut chicken into small bite sizes.
- combine olive oil, salt, red pepper and garlic in a small bowl, add chicken and marinate for one hour, turning occasoinally.
- put chicken and olive oil mixture in a large skillet and saute until thoroughly cooked.
- add tomatoes and capers, cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
- add green onions and Kalamata olives and cook for two more minutes.
- drain macaroni, put in a large bowl, add chicken/tomato mixture, mix well and serve.