1/3 Photos of Chicken Cannelloni With Cream Sauce
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From a Treasury of Great Recipes, by Vincent and Mary Price. This is also good with about 1/2 cup of chopped spinach mixed in with the chicken. I used manicotti for this - I'm sure other types of stuffable pasta would work as well. This works fine making the whole recipe in a large baking dish/pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups hot milk
- 8 cannelloni tubes, shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cream
- parmesan cheese
- 2in a saucepan melt butter.
- 3Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 4add hot milk and cook, stirring, till sauce is smooth and thickened.
- 5cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7in skillet, heat olive oil and saute onion, celery, carrot and parsley for 10 minutes, or till vegetables are tender.
- 8Add chicken, salt, herbs, pepper and wine.
- 9Simmer till wine is reduced by half.
- 10Stir in 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- 11Preheat oven to 450.
- 12Cook cannelloni in boiling salted water for 8 minutes.
- 13Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 14on each cannelloni put 2 T of the filling and roll up.
- 15arrange 2 filled cannelloni in a butter au gratin dish for each serving.
- 16to remaining sauce add tomato sauce and cream. Stir to blend.
- 17Pour 1/2 cup of this sauce over each serving and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 18bake in very hot oven for 10 minutes or till top browns.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cannelloni With Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.7
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 1034.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: