1/3 Photos of Chicken Cannelloni With Cream Sauce
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From a Treasury of Great Recipes, by Vincent and Mary Price. This is also good with about 1/2 cup of chopped spinach mixed in with the chicken. I used manicotti for this - I'm sure other types of stuffable pasta would work as well. This works fine making the whole recipe in a large baking dish/pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups hot milk
- 8 cannelloni tubes, shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cream
- parmesan cheese
- 2in a saucepan melt butter.
- 3Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 4add hot milk and cook, stirring, till sauce is smooth and thickened.
- 5cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7in skillet, heat olive oil and saute onion, celery, carrot and parsley for 10 minutes, or till vegetables are tender.
- 8Add chicken, salt, herbs, pepper and wine.
- 9Simmer till wine is reduced by half.
- 10Stir in 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- 11Preheat oven to 450.
- 12Cook cannelloni in boiling salted water for 8 minutes.
- 13Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 14on each cannelloni put 2 T of the filling and roll up.
- 15arrange 2 filled cannelloni in a butter au gratin dish for each serving.
- 16to remaining sauce add tomato sauce and cream. Stir to blend.
- 17Pour 1/2 cup of this sauce over each serving and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 18bake in very hot oven for 10 minutes or till top browns.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cannelloni With Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.7
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 1034.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: