Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe taken from a community cookbook. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds wonderful.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 (15 ounce) packages fresh cranberries or 3 (15 ounce) packages frozen cranberries
- 4 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 7 large oranges, slice in half, use the insides, save the shells
- Place chicken breast between waxed paper and pound thin.
- In shallow dish, mix together bread crumbs and cheese.
- In small bowl, mix together eggs, and milk.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then dredge in crumb mixture.
- In large saute' pan or skillet, melt butter and garlic.
- Place chicken in pan and sprinkle with pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, brown chicken on both sides,add almonds to pan after turning chicken.
- When almonds are golden brown, remove from pan and set aside.
- To chicken in pan, add lemon juice and wine; simmer 5 minutes but DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Place chicken on warm platter; top with almonds and sauce and garnish with lemon slices and capers. Serve with Cranberry Relish.
- Cranberry Relish:.
- In 5-quart saucepan over high heat, blend all ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until berries pop.
- Spoon mixture into orange cups or medium sized bowl.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.