Prep 9 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this low fat low cholesterol dish in the dinning with the dutchess book, and although I haven't tried it yet, I plan to and wanted to put exactly where I knew I could find it.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 golden delicious apples (peeled, cored, thinly sliced)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons calvados (apple Brandy)
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, & nutmeg. Rub into the chicken.
- In a large nonsick skillet, heat oil. Saute chicken until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet saute the onions until softened, about minutes. Stir in the apples & cook, turning occassionally, until golden brown & tender, 3-5mins. Stir in the cider/juice; bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the skillet & cook, turning as needed, until cooked through about 5 minutes longer. TRansfer to a platter.
- Stir in the calvados into the skillet, cok until the apples and onions are glazed and the liquied is thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken, topped with the apple mixture.