1/6 Photos of Chicken Calle Ocho
My mom was cleaning out one of her closets and came across several folders full of recipes that she had clipped from magazines and newpapers over the years. This came from a March 1992 edition of the Houston Chronicle. This chicken is great served over steamed rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core the tomatoes and coarsely chop. Cut the chicken into 2" chunks. Chop the onion. Mince the garlic.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil until hot. Add the chicken and cook 3 minutes, stirring, until just golden. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- 3Add onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes, paprika, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Return chicken to skillet. Cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Calle Ocho
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 173.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 31.8 g