Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A nice combination of chicken and prosciutto. Very flavorful.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (half breasts)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 8 slices ham or 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Split or butterfly the chicken breasts. Layer prosciutto, a teaspoon of pesto, and 1 tablespoon of sun dried tomatoes. Roll up the chicken breasts while tucking in the sides to completely envelop the filling.
- In a deep skillet, brown the chicken rolls on both sides. In the same skillet, add the wine, the tomato sauce and the basil.
- Salt and pepper as needed and simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice or polenta.
This is one of my favorite Italian dishes! I've made it for a few dinner parties with rave reviews. Easy to put together, beautiful presentation, and a wonderful blend of flavors!
I liked this alot. I did have some problems with the writing of the recipe. I think this should serve 8 rather than 4. Even a large appetite shouldn't need more than half a breast! Also direction 1 should read a tbs of pesto. I had to do tons of substitutions and it still turned out great. I'm sure that with the exact ingredients it would be even better. I'm not sure that the simmer sauce really added to the dish. I think it would have been fine just with the meat covered until done.
Are you kidding!! This is to die for, literally. To heaven here I come. Thanks for sharing. Lolly