Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Since I seem to always be watching my weight, this is a lightened up recipe using minimal oil and low-fat mayo.
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups ground chicken
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Wipe skillet clean.
- Stir together bell pepper mixture, chicken, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Shape chicken mixture into 8 (3 1/2-inch) patties. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Cook patties, in 2 batches, in skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and outside of patties is golden. Serve immediately with Creole Sauce.
- To make Creole Sauce, stir together all ingredients until blended and refrigerate until ready to use.