Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed, to your taste
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together until sauce is well blended.
- Melt better in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, green onions, and garlic; saute 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together bell pepper mixture, chicken, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape chicken mixture into 8 (3 1/2-inch) patties.
- Fry 4 patties in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and patties.
- Serve immediately withRemoulade Sauce (recipe follows).
- REMOULADE SAUCE: Whisk all ingredients together until sauce is well blended.
One of my favorite Southern Living recipes! I serve as an appetizer (this recipe should make 36) and they go like hotcakes. A definite keeper for the appetizer archives!