Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I originally found this recipe on Sweet Treats and More and my family loved it! Super easy to put in crock pot in the morning. I usually find chicken in the crock pot to dry out, but not with these thighs.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2-1 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 -6 hamburger buns
- Place chicken in 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups water (more for longer cooking times). Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours (I have done 2 cups water with an 8 hr on low with auto-change to warm setting for total 12 hrs before eating.).
- Remove chicken and drain water from the crock pot. Place chicken on cutting board and pull into shreds. Remove any fat.
- Place chicken back in slow cooker and mix in dressing, Parmesan cheese, chopped or dried parsley, and pepper. (I used less than 1/2 cup dressing, figuring the kids wouldn't like it and we could always add to our sandwiches if needed. We all thought the flavor was perfect with less dressing!).
- The original recipe recommended to cook another 30 min on high. We skipped this step because we're all hungry when we get home late!
- Spoon onto buns. (We use slider buns for "fun factor" but those are not stored in the ingredient list here.) Top with extra Parmesan cheese and shredded lettuce as desired.
Enjoyed very much!
I am not starring this recipe because I didn't follow all of the directions. I used chicken breast instead of thighs, and broth instead of water. I used Kraft Caesar Dressing, and found the result to have a fish-like result. I can see where chicken with a higher fat content like thighs would definitely work better! I should have followed directions!