6 hrs 5 mins
I originally found this recipe on Sweet Treats and More and my family loved it! Super easy to put in crock pot in the morning. I usually find chicken in the crock pot to dry out, but not with these thighs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups water (more for longer cooking times). Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours (I have done 2 cups water with an 8 hr on low with auto-change to warm setting for total 12 hrs before eating.).
- 2Remove chicken and drain water from the crock pot. Place chicken on cutting board and pull into shreds. Remove any fat.
- 3Place chicken back in slow cooker and mix in dressing, Parmesan cheese, chopped or dried parsley, and pepper. (I used less than 1/2 cup dressing, figuring the kids wouldn't like it and we could always add to our sandwiches if needed. We all thought the flavor was perfect with less dressing!).
- 4The original recipe recommended to cook another 30 min on high. We skipped this step because we're all hungry when we get home late!
- 5Spoon onto buns. (We use slider buns for "fun factor" but those are not stored in the ingredient list here.) Top with extra Parmesan cheese and shredded lettuce as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Caesar Sandwiches for Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.0
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 200.3 mg
- Sodium 760.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese