1/2 Photos of Chicken Caesar Salad With Asparagus
Don't be afraid! It is SO good! My husband and I had never been big asparagus fans, but when I got this recipe from an awesome lady who often substitute teaches at the school where I work, I just had to try it, and we love it! I've never actually put the croutons on, and we never toss all four servings together as the recipe calls for, we just put the salad in individual bowls, top with the chicken and veggies, and put on the desired amount of dressing and parmesan cheese. I also love mine with fresh ground pepper. We like to precook a larger quantity of asparagus and chicken ahead of time to be able to enjoy this salad more than once. I've taken this to work for lunch as well, but would recommend keeping the ingredients separate in order to prevent the lettuce from getting mushy. This makes a great meal all by itself, maybe with some fresh fruit for dessert. The preparation time is really a guess. It all depends on whether or not you already have the chicken cooked and on what method you choose to cook it. All of the other ingredients can be prepped and ready in less than the amount of time it takes to cook the chicken, so it comes together pretty fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag romaine lettuce (My card just says one bag, 12-16 ounce is a guess. Depends on how you like the proportion)
- 2 1/2 cups cut-up cooked chicken breasts (we usually grill or broil it)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved if necessary) or 2 cups grape tomatoes (halved if necessary)
- 2 cups cut-up cooked asparagus (I steam just long enough to take off the raw edge, but remain a crunchy, then plunge into cold water)
- 1/2 cup caesar salad dressing (regular or reduced fat)
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (The real stuff, not the powdered stuff that you shake out of a jar)
- 1Toss lettuce, chicken breast (warm or cold), tomatoes, and asparagus in a large salad bowl.
- 2Add dressing and toss.
- 3Top with croutons and parmesan cheese.
- 4Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Caesar Salad With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.5
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 621.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 33.7 g