Recipe by Olha
Like a chicken Caesar salad on bread. More chicken may be added if desired. The pizza crust is quicker to prepare than a yeast crust.
BISCUIT PIZZA CRUST
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half (about 2)
- salt, sprinkle
- pepper, sprinkle
- 1⁄2 cup creamy light caesar salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup creamy light caesar salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE BISCUIT PIZZA CRUST: Stir flour, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl.
- Add water and cooking oil. Stir to form soft ball. Knead on lightly floured surface 8 to 10 times. Roll out and press in greased 12 inch pizza pan, forming rim around edge.
- NOTE: You can use this crust to make a thin biscuit pizza crust: Reduce flour to 1 1/2 cups. Reduce water to 1/2 cup. Crust will cook a bit quicker.
- Wheat Biscuit Pizza Crust: Use whole wheat flour for half of all purpose flour called for.
- FOR THE TOPPING: Prepare pizza dough. Roll out and press in greased 12 inch pizza pan, forming rim around edge.
- Place cooking oil and chicken in medium non stick frying pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Spread first amount of Caesar dressing over crust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dressing. Scatter chicken over top. Bake on bottom rack in 425°F oven for 13 to 15 minutes, or for 8 minutes if using partially baked crust. Take pizza out of oven and spoon on Caesar salad.
- Toss lettuce with second amount of Caesar dressing in large bowl. Spoon over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve hot. Cuts into 8 wedges.
- Company’s Coming Pizza!