Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
A local pizza place here serves a chicken cesar salad pizza. It's the only place I know of. This is my version one night when I thought it sounded good. Salad on top of a pizza tastes suprisingly well. Thanks Karin for a great Pizza Dough recipe!
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan-romano cheese mix, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bag romaine lettuce (I just buy the salad in the bag)
- 5 ounces croutons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces caesar salad dressing (your choice)
- Start the pizza dough recipe (Easy peezy pizza dough bread machine pizza dough) #35805, or use your favorite pizza crust.
- Marinate the chicken with some Caesar dressing (about 1/4 cup or so) for 1/2 hour.
- While the dough is rising in the bowl, cook the marinated chicken at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic and 2 TBSP of Olive Oil and some ground pepper.
- Roll out the pizza dough (as directed) and brush with the olive oil/garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle generously with cheese.
- Cook the dough 5 minutes at 450 degrees.
- While the dough is cooking, cut the chicken into bite size pieces and mix in a small bowl with 1/3 cup (or more) of dressing and sliced onion.
- Remove dough from oven and spread chicken mixture.
- Continue cooking for 8 minutes at 450 degrees.
- While cooking, toss the salad with some dressing (to taste). Sprinkle with more cheese and pepper if you like.
- Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle with more cheese if you like, and cut. Top with tossed salad and croutons. Enjoy!