Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Semi-finalist in local recipe contest. My church even uses this one for their dinners.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (lite okay)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, lite okay (not salad dressing)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 cup crouton (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- Blend soy sauce, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in small bowl.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of mixture and place in another small bowl.
- To reserved 2 tablespoon mixture, blend in mayonnaise, sugar, and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Grill chicken, basting with soy mixture (without mayo). When it is too cold to use the outside grill, I have used the Foreman and that works just as well.
- Divide lettuce on to 4 plates, top with grilled chicken, dressing to taste, croutons and Parmesan cheese.
I'm not big into making salads at home but this one is really tasty.