Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes about 8 large servings, but you can cut it down easily. The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for a month or two quite nicely.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts, tough outer leaves removed,torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1 -2 orange sweet bell pepper or 1 -2 yellow sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 -8 drops Tabasco sauce
- Grill the chicken breasts.
- Cut in half horizontally and grill the inside surfaces briefly also.
- Allow to cool somewhat and then cut into slices across the grain so they won't fall apart.
- Place the lettuce in the bottom of a very large salad bowl or in two bowls.
- Drizzle dressing over the lettuce and toss well.
- Don't overdress.
- Arrange chicken slices, tomato wedges, pepper slices, egg slices, and croutons on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Grate pepper over the surface, but it probably won't need any salt.
- Dressing: Put everything in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
This was very good but next time I will marinate the chicken first. I always do this for my salads and the family thought the chicken tasted bland. I loved the addition of feta in the dressing. Thanks Mary, for posting. Roxygirl