Another recipe adapted from BBQ Food for Friends; one of my favourite summer cookbooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 125 ml oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 20 g parmesan cheese, shaved
- 4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 baguette, cut into 12 x 1 cm thick slices
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 baby cos lettuce, well washed and drained
- anchovy, extra (optional)
- 1Put the egg yolk, garlic, anchovy fillets and Dijon mustard in a food processor and blend them together.
- 2With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin stream and process until the mixture becomes thick.
- 3Stir in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Put chicken breasts in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and turn so they are coated in oil.
- 5Brush baguette slices with remaining olive oil and toast on barbecue plate for 1 minute each side until crisp and marked.
- 6Rub both sides of each piece with the cut clove of garlic and keep them warm.
- 7Grill chicken on chargrill plate for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 8Leave to rest for 1 minute then cut into 1 cm strips.
- 9Cook bacon for 3 minutes on each side or until crispy then break into 2 cm pieces.
- 10Tear Cos leaves into bite-sized pieces and toss in large bowl with dressing, bacon and chicken.
- 11Serve with garlic croutons and let people add extra anchovies to taste.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.6
- Calories from Fat 571
- Total Fat 63.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 1114.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets