Recipe by NotQuiteVegetarian
Another recipe adapted from BBQ Food for Friends; one of my favourite summer cookbooks.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 125 ml oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 20 g parmesan cheese, shaved
- 4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 baguette, cut into 12 x 1 cm thick slices
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 baby cos lettuce, well washed and drained
- anchovy, extra (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the egg yolk, garlic, anchovy fillets and Dijon mustard in a food processor and blend them together.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin stream and process until the mixture becomes thick.
- Stir in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put chicken breasts in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and turn so they are coated in oil.
- Brush baguette slices with remaining olive oil and toast on barbecue plate for 1 minute each side until crisp and marked.
- Rub both sides of each piece with the cut clove of garlic and keep them warm.
- Grill chicken on chargrill plate for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Leave to rest for 1 minute then cut into 1 cm strips.
- Cook bacon for 3 minutes on each side or until crispy then break into 2 cm pieces.
- Tear Cos leaves into bite-sized pieces and toss in large bowl with dressing, bacon and chicken.
- Serve with garlic croutons and let people add extra anchovies to taste.