Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe taken from the book Eating Forward by Sandi Richard Hit with my family!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless skinless (1lb 350g)
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning
- 5 1⁄3 ounces light cream cheese (or 83g )
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 12 ounces vermicelli (or 340g)
- 4 slices bacon, fully cooked & low sodium
- Fill a pot with water and bring to boil for pasta.
- Heat oil in large pan on medium heat. Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces, adding to pan as you cut. Add spice. Toss until meat is no longer pink.
- Add cream cheese, dressing and milk. Stir until cheese is melted and ingredients are combined.
- Place pasta in boiling water, stir and cook uncovered.Cook to package directions appox 5 minutes.
- Place bacon on paper towel in microwave. Cook for 1 minute Set aside. Gently smash croutons with a mallet. Set aside.
- Rinse peas and place in a microwave safe dish, cover and cook on high for 3-4 mins until heated. Let stand.
- Rinse pasta under hot water in colander. Let drain and return to pasta pot. . Cover. NO HEAT, let stand. Slice and crumble bacon. Serve pasta on plate or bowl with sauce poured over top. Garnish with croutons, bacon and parmesan cheese.