Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple way to make pasta salad. This was originally a baked casserole dish that I though would be great as a pasta salad. I like to use a store-bought roasted chicken and a bag of assorted pasta that has penne, spiral, bowties and shells! You could also try tortellini! I hope you enjoy!
- 7 ounces cooked tri-colored pasta, rinsed with cold water
- 2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded or 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing, Creamy Style
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup crouton (I use my Parmesan Garlic Croutons!)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT croutons in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss with croutons before serving.
This is delicious! I made this for a lunch alternative to sandwiches, and it was so yummy! Thanks for posting.
Wonderful summer dinner salad! We had it for our main course with garlic bagels and fresh melon/berries. Yummy! I had never thought of putting this combination together before. The whole family enjoyed it a lot. (I added raw zuchinni and carrots too, and omitted the broth.)
I hate it when people alter recipes and then write a review but alas, I am guilty! I forgot to buy italian blend cheese so I just left that out (had cheddar but decided against it). I left out the chicken stock based on another person's comment. I had a green bell pepper so used that instead of red. And when I went to serve it, I completely forgot about the croutons! Even with all these minor changes, this turned out really, really good! My husband really enjoyed it. Perfect meal for a hot summer night. It was SO easy to make too! Served with a couple of slices of french bread, toasted on the grill (maybe why I forgot the croutons!) Thank you! I will definitely make this again!