Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy variation on a basic BLT or club sandwich. Just as nice on untoasted bread if it's nice and fresh. I prefer poached chicken as it stays beautifully moist & tender but you can also use grilled chicken, or leftover BBQ or roast chicken. I usually poach the chicken ahead of time when I'm making breakfast - boil water in the kettle, put it in a saucepan with the chicken and a little chicken stock powder, cover and let it sit in the hot water until lunchtime - it's perfectly cooked, but in no danger of being over-cooked and rubbery. I do hard-boiled eggs the same way (often at the same time in the same pan).
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon fat-free caesar salad dressing
- 150 g cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 4 slices shortcut bacon
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 leaves cos lettuce
- Grill, panfry or microwave bacon until cooked to your liking.
- Lightly toast bread and spread with salad dressing.
- Layer shredded chicken, tomato, bacon and lettuce on 2 slices of bread, cover with remaining bread, cut in half and enjoy!
This is one of my favorite sandwiches. I usually make each sandwich with 3 slice "clubhouse" but less bread is better for the waistline. Great sandwich thanks.
Loved the flavors in this sandwich! When I make this again, I'll add in some slices of cheese. Made for ZWTIII
I love this recipe. I used chicken thigh fillets & grilled them on the barbeque with Montreal Chicken seasoning & also grilled the bacon. Susie D's idea of marinating the chicken in caesar dressing sounds great & I'll try that next time. A definite keeper, thanks for sharing this recipe.