Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Super easy, one pan dinner.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 bag frozen broccoli with red pepper
- 4 tablespoons caesar salad dressing
- Heat oil in 10 inch skillet.
- Cook chicken in oil about 15-20 minutes or until brown both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add broth and water to skillet; heat to boiling.
- Stir in orzo, heat to boiling.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occastionally.
- Stir in frozen vegies and dressing.
- Add chicken to pasta mixture, sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until vegies are tender, and chicken checks done.
Very good. I sprinkled on some fresh parmesan. Really tasty.
Awesome dinner! I seasoned my chicken with salt, pepper, onion & garlic powders. I used a little more than 1 cup orzo, so I upped the broth/water. Also used a little more caesar dressing. The dressing makes this so creamy! Also stirred in grated parmesan, and topped with a little shredded mozzarella. Delicious!!!! A definite repeat for us.
I cut this in half as I was just cooking for one person. Really good recipe here, that is simple to prepare, and with ingredients I would regularly have on hand. The only thing I changed was, I did dice my chicken up after I cooked it. I also added some fresh Parm at the end. This dish was something different, tasty, and a quick week night dinner.