Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
We really enjoyed this filling soup -- but it would probably be delicious over pasta too. If following WW flex plan it is only 4 points/serving. Recipe source: Weight Watchers Best Eats
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 5-6 hours) or until vegetables are tender.
Yum! This is true comfort food! Great for a cool Fall rainy day. I only had bone in chicken thighs, but it truly was melt in your mouth chicken. I also added some freeze dried basil and I substituted the green bell pepper with a red. I served it over low carb rice and whole grain mixture. NOTE: My photos are from the second night as my crock pot was filled to the top on the first night.
We liked this quite a lot and served it over some low carb pasta. Very easy for a busy day! Thanks for sharing. ~Sue
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used cut up chicken breasts. I also only cooked mine on low for four hours and it was done.