Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -16 lb button mushroom, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 anchovies, mashed to a paste
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- Heat oil over moderate-high heat until hot but not smoking, and brown chicken.
- Transfer chicken as it is browned to a bowl.
- Pour off and discard all but 3 tblsps oil and cook onions and mushrooms over medium-high heat until onion is golden.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, wine and chicken.
- Add anchovy paste and oregano and simmer mixture, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is tender (may be done up to 2 days in advance).
- Cook fusilli until al dente.
- In a large bowl, toss it with chicken and garnish with parsley.
This was very good, I added in lots of dryed pepper flakes and increased the garlic to 3 tablespoons, and used fresh oregano, also sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top when serving. Thanks Evelyn!...Kitten:)