Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making this sub for about 5 years. I was watching Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals and tried this out. It is a fairly easy recipe, with simple ingredients and the taste is excellent.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 to 8 ounce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- McCormick grill seasoning or salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Italian rolls
- 2 cracked garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 large sliced white onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 lb sliced provolone cheese
- Slice the chicken into small strips.
- Heat a large skillet.
- Lightly coat the chicken in extra vigin olive oil, to sprinkle the seaoning/ salt pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 6 minutes on both sides.
- Heat oven and lightly toast the rolls
- In a second large skillet with medium high heat.
- Add the ingredients: 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes,.
- mushrooms, peppers, onions and oregano.
- Saute the vegetables,lightly season them with salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes, then add to the skillet the wine or stock.
- Make sure to scrape the pan to loosen anything that may be stuck.
- Add the tomatoes and parsley to the Skillet.
- Place both the chicken and the Vegetables on the sub roll.
- Cover with a piece of provolone cheese.
- Place the sub back in the oven until cheese is melted.