- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 cubes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion, and garlic in 3 tablespoons broth until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir in the green pepper, mushrooms, bay leaf, oregano, basil, pepper, and remaining broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add the spaghetti sauce; heat through. Discard bay leaf before serving.