1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Phil Franco's Note:
Courtesy of Joe Romano
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a frying pan. Slice and fry the garlic til golden brown. Remove from the pan and place in a large pot.
- 2Slice and fry the onions til golden brown. Remove and put in the pot.
- 3In the same oil, brown the chicken and put in the pot.
- 4Add the chopped celery, olives and capers to the pot. Put the cover on the pot and steam on medium to low heat for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Add water, if necessary, to start the steaming.
- 5Keep an eye on the pot so the chicken doesn't stick. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- 6During the last half hour, add the vinegar and red pepper.
- 7Serve with a loaf of bread and red wine.
- 8Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 9Recipe Origin: United States.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cacciatore Sicilian-Style
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.3
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 1557.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 44.8 g