Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Courtesy of Joe Romano
Make and share this Chicken Cacciatore Sicilian-Style recipe from Food.com.
- Put 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a frying pan. Slice and fry the garlic til golden brown. Remove from the pan and place in a large pot.
- Slice and fry the onions til golden brown. Remove and put in the pot.
- In the same oil, brown the chicken and put in the pot.
- Add the chopped celery, olives and capers to the pot. Put the cover on the pot and steam on medium to low heat for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Add water, if necessary, to start the steaming.
- Keep an eye on the pot so the chicken doesn't stick. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- During the last half hour, add the vinegar and red pepper.
- Serve with a loaf of bread and red wine.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Origin: United States.