Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe of the day from Taste
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 400 g pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 500 g skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Place stock and sauce in a saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until needed.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add pancetta, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add rice, chilli and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Stir to combine.
- Add 1/3 cup stock mixture. Cook, stirring, or until stock mixture has been absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock mixture, 1/3 cup at a time, until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender and creamy. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with cheese and parsley.
YUM! We all loved this! The flavours were amazing, and my kids have already asked me when I'm going to make it again! My only changes were to use bacon instead of pancetta, and chicken breast instead of thighs, as that was all I could buy. Thanks for sharing! [Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap]